Childbirth Preparation Weekend including Breastfeeding and Newborn Care
For Parent's Expecting in December/January
"The MOST comprehensive childbirth class in NYC"
Friday, September 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm
Saturday, September 29th 1:00 - 6:00pm
Sunday, September 30th, 1:00-6:00pm
At FPC, we see pregnancy as an opportunity to embrace a variety of approaches that can enhance your innate physiology. Our classes offer information and practice that will not only prepare you for childbirth but improve birth outcomes.
In addition to discussing:
- anatomy and physiology of late pregnancy and birth
- stages and phases of labor
- coping measures and positions
- breath and relaxation practices to reduce stress and anxiety
- benefits, risks, and alternatives to common medical procedures
- when to go to the hospital and what to pack or when to have your midwife come to you and how to prepare your home
- questions to ask your provider and how to navigate the hospital setting
- epidural anesthesia, induction procedures and cesarean surgery
We will address:
- alignment and movement habits to encourage optimize fetal positioning and minimize pain in labor
- strategies to shorten the pushing phase and prevent tearing or birth injury
- optimal nutrition for muscle strength and flexibility
Partners are essential to a positive birth experience. Over the course of the weekend partners will gain confidence in their ability to support a laboring women and develop tools for staying calm and communicating effectively with the laboring mother and care providers.
This class also includes a comprehensive look at the first few weeks postpartum, breastfeeding, and newborn care. We will go beyond the basics of newborn care to develop a modern framework for responding to your newborn’s needs.
This childbirth series is ideal for clients between 28 and 34 weeks who want to play an active role in their birth. We welcome those planning on using pain medication and those hoping for a delivery free of interventions. Those working with a doula and those who would like to labor alone with their partner. Those delivering in hospitals, birth centers, and at home. Single Moms and Single Moms by Choice are welcome and encouraged to attend with a friend, doula, or loved one.
Cost for the 3-Day Workshop is $525